At St Ann's, we want all children to become confident and articulate mathematicians.
We achieve this by ensuring all of our pupils:
- develop fluency in their mathematical understanding, being able to rapidly recall and apply their knowledge.
- learn to reason mathematically, using mathematical language to explain their understanding.
- can solve problems, through applying their mathematical knowledge in various contexts and using different strategies.
We have an exciting mathematics curriculum and children have access to a range of learning resources to develop a secure depth of understanding.
Please have a look at our calculation policies, which ensure children develop written and mental fluency:
We also believe that ‘knowledge is power’ when it comes to Maths. Children practise their ‘Number Essentials’ and ‘Knowledge Essentials’ to develop confidence and fluency:
- Number Essentials
- Year 2 Knowledge Essentials
- Year 3 Knowledge Essentials
- Year 4 Knowledge Essentials
- Year 5 Knowledge Essentials
- Year 6 Knowledge Essentials
Year Group Overviews: Please see our year group maths maps for the objectives taught across the school:
Useful Websites for Supporting Maths Learning:
A great website with suggestions for supporting your child’s maths learning at home.
Games to help develop rapid recall of maths facts.
This website has lots of Maths investigations to try at home.